Can I Become a Homemade Engineer by Reading Q&A on Physics and Engineering?

  • Thread starter Thread starter En2020
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 808 views
En2020
Hi everyone,
I was trying to figure out how to diagnose a short circuit in the house and stumbled upon this forum. What a great find! I've been eager to learn more about physics, engineering, and everything that is pertinent to my daily living. This seems to be a wonderful start. I figured if I could just devote a 1/2 hour per day in reading some questions and answers, then I would become a "homemade" engineer by 2020. Think that'll work?

Thank you in advance to all the knowledgeable people out there who are so willing to share their knowledge.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
En2020 said:
I figured if I could just devote a 1/2 hour per day in reading some questions and answers, then I would become a "homemade" engineer by 2020. Think that'll work?
No. It WILL teach you a lot but such a scattershot approach is not really a helpful way to learn much of anything. It would serve you MUCH better to read books and then ask questions here when you hit something you don't understand.