Can I get into U of Minnesota's ME grad program with my credentials?

In summary, the speaker is applying for the University of Minnesota ME grad program and is seeking advice from someone who has experience with applying to this school or a similar one. They have met all the requirements and have a 3.11 GPA and a 1230 on the GRE. They also have paid research experience and were acknowledged on a state report for their work. They are wondering if their credentials give them a good chance of getting into the program and are seeking further insight from someone with similar experience.
navier1120
MS Engineering. Odds?

I am currently in the process of applying for the U of Mn ME grad program. I am wondering if anyone has experience applying to this school or a similar school and what there experience was. I have looked online at there requirements and meet them all but I know that this in not enough. I am in the process of finishing my B.S.M.E and have a 3.11 GPA and a 1230 on the GRE (740 Q 490 V). I also have about a year worth of paid research experience and worked last summer on an NSF funded research project. As a result of the research that I have done I am acknowledged on a state report for some of my work. Do my credentials give me a good chance of getting into a school such as this?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here are their admission stats: http://www.grad.umn.edu/data/stats/ad/1052800.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this. I guess I am more looking for someone who has applied with similar credentials. I also have a lot of leadership experience which may help as well

Related to Can I get into U of Minnesota's ME grad program with my credentials?

1. What are the admission requirements for the U of Minn ME graduate program?

To be considered for admission to the U of Minn ME graduate program, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, a minimum GPA of 3.0, and competitive GRE scores. Additionally, applicants must submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.

2. Is there a deadline for applying to the U of Minn ME graduate program?

Yes, the deadline for applying to the U of Minn ME graduate program is typically in December for the following fall semester. However, it is recommended to check the program's website for specific deadlines as they may vary.

3. Can I apply for financial aid or scholarships for the U of Minn ME graduate program?

Yes, the U of Minn ME graduate program offers a limited number of teaching and research assistantships for qualified students. Students can also apply for external scholarships or research grants to help fund their education.

4. Are there any specific research areas or concentrations within the U of Minn ME graduate program?

Yes, the U of Minn ME graduate program offers concentrations in areas such as biomedical engineering, energy and environment, manufacturing, and robotics and control. Students can also work with faculty members in their specific research areas of interest.

5. What is the acceptance rate for the U of Minn ME graduate program?

The acceptance rate for the U of Minn ME graduate program varies each year and is competitive. It is recommended to have a strong academic background and research experience to increase your chances of being accepted into the program.