Can I get specific heat without a final temp? (heat of Rxn)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
sp3sp2sp
Messages
100
Reaction score
4

Homework Statement


I have delta H _solution, and also the mass of the solitd and q_water and q_reaction.
Im using Dulong Petit to get MM but I need specific heat of the solid obviously.
I don't have a final temp of the unknown solid, just the delta T for the water
thanks for any help

Homework Equations


MM = 25 / specific heat, J/gdegC

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not enough details. Can you state the complete problem as it was written for you?

On lots of these, if you only have two materials exchanging heat, then the heat lost by one is equal to the heat gained by the other.

If certain conditions are met, then m1*C1*delta T1 = - m2*C2* delta T2