Can I major in physics with two minors in math and biochemistry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brady
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Brady
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Is it possible to have one major and two minors? Would I be able to major in physics and minor in math and biochemistry or major in biochemistry and minor in physics and math? Of course, this is assuming many colleges have biochem as a minor...

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sure, why not? As long as you complete the requirements to obtain both minors, then it isn't a problem. I am getting a degree in physics with a minor in chemistry and math.

However, with both math a chemistry, I am taking slightly more classes than I actually need to get the minor, but less than I need to get a major...some say it is a waste of money and time, but grad school look over your transcript and see all of the classes you've taken so the extra classes do not go unnoticed.
 


Yes, it is possible to have one major and two minors. Many colleges offer the option to major in one subject and minor in two others. However, it is important to check with your specific college or university to ensure that they offer biochemistry as a minor option.

In terms of majoring and minoring in specific subjects, it ultimately depends on your interests and career goals. If you are interested in pursuing a career in physics, then majoring in physics and minoring in math and biochemistry could be a great combination. On the other hand, if you are interested in a career in biochemistry, then majoring in biochemistry and minoring in physics and math could also be a good choice.

It is important to note that while a minor may not require as many courses as a major, it still requires a significant amount of coursework. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider your course load and make sure you are able to handle the workload of both a major and two minors. It may also be helpful to speak with an academic advisor to discuss your options and create a plan that aligns with your academic and career goals.