1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I take AP Physics 1 while concurrently taking Algebra 2?

1. Mar 2, 2017 #1
    Next year, I want to take AP Physics 1 but I am worried that it would be confusing since I would still be learning about Algebra 2. Is it recommended to do this?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2017 #2
    Usually you should be taking AP Calculus A/B before or while you are taking AP Physics. In AP Physics, at least at my school, you learn how to derive equations using calculus, an use calculus to solve more difficult equations than you would cover in normal or honors Physics, which would be very difficult if you don't know calculus yet. In my honors physics class, not AP, we only used Algebra, so you would be fine for that. Your best bet would be to talk to your school's physics teacher and/or your counselor. That is just how it is at my school.

4. Mar 2, 2017 #3
    Thanks, I will take that into consideration and also, I will ask my counselor to clear things up. In my school, there's AP Physics 1, 2, and C which is college level physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted