Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I use some ideas from this forum?

1. Sep 22, 2010 #1

Mentallic

Homework Helper

I'm a member of another forum http://www.diablofans.com/forum" [Broken] and after being a long time member (well, in my eyes at least) of PF, I have come to rely on and love the subscribed threads feature in "My PF". I'd have no hope of keeping track of things without it.

Now, this other forum is lacking any decent feature like this. Seriously lacking... It's not necessary for them right now since the activity on there isn't too high - and if anyone knows anything about the game Diablo, when Diablo 3 is released activity on there is going to boom. When it does, user-friendliness is going to reciprocate this high and plunge.

So I made a suggestion on that forum to do something similar to what PF has, and offered to give some screenshots of how well it works (just with examples from my own subscribed threads list). But I feel like I got a little ahead of myself for not asking for permission from a PF admin prior to claiming I will do it.

So I've come to ask, is it ok if I give screenshots of the subscribed threads feature on PF? Any conditions?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2010 #2
    Convert some of those diablo fans into pf nerds and we're even :biggrin: You're good, no worries.

4. Sep 22, 2010 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Many forum engines have subscription to the threads built in, it is just sometimes called differently - in phpBB it is called watching topic, in SMF these are notifications - no idea about others, but it is nothing unusual. With all due respect I doubt Greg is the author of the idea.

Or am I wrong?

5. Sep 22, 2010 #4
    you are right

6. Sep 22, 2010 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

You can always remove these two posts :wink:

7. Sep 22, 2010 #6

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Technically speaking, Greg may have just confirmed your statement "am I wrong?" is right. Meaning you were wrong, just not then

8. Sep 22, 2010 #7
    I am confirming that the "subscribed threads" feature was NOT my idea :smile:

9. Sep 23, 2010 #8

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Then the person I need to be asking is...?

Thanks :smile: A simple maths question was asked there a while back and the answering process was all but smooth. We need trained pf nerds :tongue:

10. Sep 23, 2010 #9

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nobody. It's like trying to ask someone for permission to paint your car red, or to turn your radio from AM to FM

11. Sep 23, 2010 #10

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Sorry, that was a typo. What I meant to say was:

Then the person I need to be asking is...? :biggrin:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook