Can non-members view member pages?

• Thread starter kjohnson
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking if it is possible for non-members to view their member page as a portfolio. However, this is not currently a feature and the person suggests making a blog instead. There is a potential concern with visibility to search engines and potential link spamming if profiles are made visible to non-members. It is not clear if this feature will be implemented in the future.
kjohnson
Is there a way that people can view member pages without themselves being a member and logged in? The reason for my question is I wanted to make a link to my page that non-members could view as kind of a pseudo portfolio. That way I can direct people from other pages (i.e. linkedin) to my pf page and they can view the types of problems I have helped people with etc..

If this is not a feature (which I don't think it is) would there be any potential of this in the future?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi kjohnson! :smile:

This is not possible, sorry. You might make a blog and post on it, that is visible to non-members...

Maybe Greg is willing to change it, I don't know.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was pretty sure this was not a current feature. I am open to making a blog, but I figured I already had some work on PF so it seemed an easy alternative. I guess we will see if Greg reads this and what he thinks...

If profiles are visible to non members, they are also visible to search engines, when they are visible to search engines, they attract link spammers, as adding website as your home page gets you a link. That's one of the reasons to not show profiles to those not logged.

1. Can non-members view any member's page?

No, non-members cannot view any member's page. Only members who have subscribed and created an account can view other member's pages.

2. Can non-members view a member's personal information on their page?

No, non-members are not able to view a member's personal information on their page. This includes their contact information, location, and any other personal details the member has chosen to share.

3. Is there a way for non-members to view a limited version of a member's page?

It depends on the settings of the member's page. If the member has chosen to make their page public, non-members may be able to view a limited version of their page. However, if the member has set their page to private, non-members will not be able to view any part of their page.

4. Can non-members view a member's posts or updates on their page?

No, non-members cannot view a member's posts or updates on their page. Only members who are logged in can view the activity on a member's page.

5. Is there a way for non-members to request access to a member's page?

No, there is currently no feature for non-members to request access to a member's page. If a non-member wishes to view a member's page, they will need to create an account and become a member themselves.