Can PF Chat be held on days other than Sunday?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 4K views
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
23
I find it fun and interesting, but I'm not always available on Sundays (in fact, almost never). Is there any way to make PF Chat available on days other than Sunday?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm willing to have chats at other times if enough people let me know in advance.
 
Humbly requesting Chat for the remainder of today... I so bored.
 
Char. Limit said:
Humbly requesting Chat for the remainder of today... I so bored.

I'd love to, but Chat puts a lot of strain on the server and things are just starting to settle.
 
What about a Saturday afternoon/evening chat? By Sunday I feel obligated to get my work done, and then by Sunday evening I have to go to bed so I can get up early for work/school. Saturday night I'd be free to stay up late and procrastinate freely. I suspect others would too. How did we end up with Sunday as the designated day anyway? Was that the most convenient time for most people? Maybe we should take a poll, that would be a good way to get lots of opinions in an organized way.
 
I'm free from 8:47 till 9:03 in the morning of July 12, 2012. If we can have a quick chat then, I'll pencil it in.
 
So... Can some kind soul please post the link ?

I lost mine somewhere in the space debris that just fell...

Rhody...