Can Public Caning and Castration Effectively Curb Rape in Malaysia?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary: So, while I support the idea of chemical castration for those who have already been convicted of a sexual offense, I do not support caning and castration as a punishment for rape. In summary, Malaysia proposed caning, castration, and life in prison for rapists, as well as harsher penalties for those who commit incest. There are many fathers in Malaysia and India who rape their own daughters, often with disastrous consequences, and these fathers should be punished more severely. I disagree with the idea of caning and castration as punishment for rape, as they do not seem to be particularly effective in deterring criminals. However, I do think that life in prison and harsher penalties for those who commit
Rape is one of the most difficult crimes to prove, as often it is one
persons word against the others, but if it can be proved then a first
offence should warrant a term in jail, a second offence should incur
sterilising by whatever means.
Incest, well people like West commit that ultimate horror, I have had
an idea that if all murderers rapists etc were sent to a remote island
and left to there own devices they wouldn't survive very long and
would be a fitting punishment.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe rapists should simply be placed in jail and forced to do manual labor to contribute to society. My definition of fate is: The result of one of many innumerable outcomes. Rapists may have made the wrong decision in doing what they did but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to live like everyone else. Probabilty simple caused them to be evil. As long as they can still be made to contribute it's a waste of a resource to discard rapists.

wolram said:
I have had an idea that if all murderers rapists etc were sent to a remote island and left to there own devices they wouldn't survive very long and would be a fitting punishment.

Until someone decides to make this into a reality show. :zzz:

wolram said:
I have had
an idea that if all murderers rapists etc were sent to a remote island
and left to there own devices they wouldn't survive very long and
would be a fitting punishment.

:rolleyes: :confused: Isn't that what Britain tried a long time ago with Australia? Seems folks are doing pretty well down there.

Accually they were mostly theives.

Some people in malaysia proposed to legalise prostitution so that rape case can be reduced, but i this both are irrelevant.
We actually have protitution in many small hotels,police close one eye and ignore them, the rapist actually can get chic if he wants.

Well, it's no wonder you're so fascinated with these topics. I learned tonight that Malaysia is ranked 5th in the world for the number of jails per capita 1.13 jails/1000 people! (It's actually first in total number of jails, but I thought the per capita value was a fairer estimate...don't want to compare big, medium, and small countries based purely on numbers). Seems all those punishments are stopping the crimes from happening, just putting more and more people behind bars. It's surprising there's anyone left there who isn't in jail with so many jails!
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_jai_cap

Last edited by a moderator:
Saint said:
Some people in malaysia proposed to legalise prostitution so that rape case can be reduced, but i this both are irrelevant.
We actually have protitution in many small hotels,police close one eye and ignore them, the rapist actually can get chic if he wants.

Are you saying it's okay to rape prostitutes? :eek:

no,
i didn't agree with that proposal,
it is hard for us to do an acid test of that.

But Saint didn't mean raping prostitutes was the solution, he said that in the case that the rapist just wanted to have sex there are plenty of prostitutes and the police do nothing to prevent prostitution...so, it doesn't matter that prostitution is not legal. The rapist rapes not just because he wants sex, so legalizing prostitution will not help.