Can Re-discovery.org Unlock the Secrets of Theory?
- Thread starter Borek
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
27 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
humanino
- 2,538
- 8
I'm so glad there finally is a good site to explain this controversy.
http://www.re-discovery.org/per_table.gif
http://www.re-discovery.org/per_table.gif
Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino
Gold Member
- 5,112
- 20
I never believed in Literature in the first place...
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Ahaha, I hope everyone realizes that is a joke site spoofing the Discovery Institute, the crackpots that invented Intelligent Design.Borek said:http://www.re-discovery.org/index.html
Last edited by a moderator:
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Evo said:Ahaha, I hope everyone realizes that is a joke site spoofing the Discovery Institute, the crackpots that invented Intelligent Design.
*bows head in shame*
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Tsk, OAQ, you were taken in?OAQfirst said:*bows head in shame*
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Yeah. I almost unleashed a wrath of sarcasm.
I've heard some wild ID explanations, so it's understandable.
I've heard some wild ID explanations, so it's understandable.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Heh, it's not far off the mark, unfortunately.OAQfirst said:Yeah. I almost unleashed a wrath of sarcasm.I've heard some wild ID explanations, so it's understandable.
Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
It was pretty obvious after about 1/4 way through it. Brilliant posting. It's a nice combination of what Creationists say as opposed to what they actually believe. I mean, really, nobody could be stupid enough to believe that ****; it's all political.
TheStatutoryApe
- 301
- 3
G01 said:I met a man the other day who believed that dinosaurs lived with man 6000 years ago and that Carbon-14 dating is a conspiracy.
Up until then, I had my doubts that these people actually existed...
That night, I went home and wept for humanity.
I met a girl who had been taught that when I was in the fifth grade. She also told me that I was going to hell if I didn't accept jesus as my lord and savior. I've not been suprised by much in that regard since then.
Loren Booda
- 3,115
- 4
The Fundamental Method:
Read religious tome - do not question!
Only hypotheses in text are admissible and irrefutable.
Test outcomes are predetermined by fiat.
Apply belief system to distort observations.
Nothing changes.
Repeat at least once per week.
Under irrefutable scientific proof, reinterpret text every 500 years.
Read religious tome - do not question!
Only hypotheses in text are admissible and irrefutable.
Test outcomes are predetermined by fiat.
Apply belief system to distort observations.
Nothing changes.
Repeat at least once per week.
Under irrefutable scientific proof, reinterpret text every 500 years.
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Watch it everyone. This is turning into a religion-bashing thread.
Which I'm most enjoying. Carry on.
Which I'm most enjoying. Carry on.
humanino
- 2,538
- 8
Did not Franck Zappa write a song about catholic girls ? Maybe she just meant she wanted to see you again in Heaven.TheStatutoryApe said:I met a girl who had been taught that when I was in the fifth grade. She also told me that I was going to hell if I didn't accept jesus as my lord and savior. I've not been suprised by much in that regard since then.
Focus
- 285
- 3
G01 said:I met a man the other day who believed that dinosaurs lived with man 6000 years ago and that Carbon-14 dating is a conspiracy.
Up until then, I had my doubts that these people actually existed...
That night, I went home and wept for humanity.
I was involved with a girl that thought that
I guess my time on PF is limited now

Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I work with a Young Earth Creationist. You would not believe what comes out of this guy's mouth. He is in complete denial.G01 said:I met a man the other day who believed that dinosaurs lived with man 6000 years ago and that Carbon-14 dating is a conspiracy.
Up until then, I had my doubts that these people actually existed...
That night, I went home and wept for humanity.

Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Borek said:Buy him tic tacs.
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
A social worker told me that the tenth planet is Nibiru, that it enters and leaves our galaxy every 10,000 years. When I asked him how a planet could move faster than the speed of light, he asked me how we know what the speed of light is. I gave up.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Ahahaha.OAQfirst said:A social worker told me that the tenth planet is Nibiru, that it enters and leaves our galaxy every 10,000 years. When I asked him how a planet could move faster than the speed of light, he asked me how we know what the speed of light is. I gave up.
That's actually so scary.
humanino
- 2,538
- 8
The Urians from the 13th planet, who are much more advanced than the Nibiruians (or us obviously) left us a coded message on cave walls in eastern Brazil. That's how we knew first. Then of course, we could also measure it.OAQfirst said:he asked me how we know what the speed of light is
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
I knew a drunk who told me that he was the fifth Beatle.
People who drink are so freaking stupid!
I went home and cried for humanity.
People who drink are so freaking stupid!
I went home and cried for humanity.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
humanino said:The Urians from the 13th planet, who are much more advanced than the Nibiruians (or us obviously) left us a coded message on cave walls in eastern Brazil. That's how we knew first. Then of course, we could also measure it.
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Oh boy. A coworker was convinced that none of the detainees at Guantanamo were being tortured because "at no point were their lives at risk." When I asked him if putting hot coals against his feet would still not constitute torture since his life was not at risk, he stopped to think a bit.
It's just a theory.
It's just a theory.
hokie1
- 33
- 0
I remember after a day of digging minerals going into the local rock shop to say hi to the owner. There were 2 women in there buying crystals. One was apparently a green horn at this because she picks up a huge quartz crystal and with a smile says, "look at this one!"
Here friend makes this headlong dive behind a display, and lays there in a cold sweat. She yells from the safety of her bunker, "Are you nuts! Never point a crystal with that much energy at a living being ever again!"
Her friend burst into tears. We instantly burst into wild laughter.
Here friend makes this headlong dive behind a display, and lays there in a cold sweat. She yells from the safety of her bunker, "Are you nuts! Never point a crystal with that much energy at a living being ever again!"
Her friend burst into tears. We instantly burst into wild laughter.
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Similar threads
- Galteeth
- · Replies 2 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 2
- Denton
- · Replies 3 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 3
Undergrad
Unlock the Secret of Phone Book Friction
- Rhods
- · Replies 34 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 34
- christaltman
- · Replies 4 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 4