Can Sitting for Long Hours Lead to Permanent Health Problems?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Tio Barnabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Disease
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Tio Barnabe
I have been sitting in front of a computer for more than 10 hours/day for about three years. I feel considerable pain in my arms and legs all the time, although they appear more serious during the night. The medical recommendation is to do exercises. My question is, if I exercise myself from now on, is it likely that my health be as it was before I started the mentioned routine, or will I have some permanent disease regardless of what I do from now on?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
It is not a disease.
If you exercise, your health won't likely return as it was before, but it will get way better and closer as it was originally.
Exercising is the best advice, but it could help if you sit down less...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tio Barnabe