Flop stands for FLoating-point OPeration, the time it takes for a computer to do a certain number of these operations each second is used to characterise cpu performance. So a FLOP has a variable speed depending on the computer architecture.
Maybe a better question would be, What is the theoretically fastest FLOP or how many FLOPs can a Chip perform a seccond?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving