Can someone tell me which formula to use here? (time to boil water)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
yuheng_wu
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Can someone tell me which formula to use here
Relevant Equations
P = W/Δt <=> Δt = W/P = Q/P.
Q= I evaporate water . m
This is the only formula I'm thinking of, but it doesn't work here I think
An amount of water at a temperature of 20 °C is passed through a water boiler in 1.5 min to
brought to boiling point. The kettle is broken and does not jump off.
The time between the moment when the water reaches boiling point and the moment when all the water
is evaporated, is equal to:
a) 7,5 min.
b) 4,5 min.
c) 10 min.
d) 15 min.
 
Physics news on Phys.org