Can the private sector unlock hidden advancements in physics?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mitster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
mitster
Hey guys, I am wondering if its possible that the private sector could hold a better edge and understanding on technology and physics due to unknown or undiscovered aspects of science, that given the discovery of while working for a private enterprise could be concealed from the mainstream world by confidentiality or a copyright type scenario?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I highly doubt any private sector (or government for that matter) entity has s better knowledge of physics than the world-wide scientific community. What I do expect is that many entities have greater knowledge of how to apply said physics in specific fields.