Can you get a whistle tooth effect with wooden teeth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter "pi"mp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Teeth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 6K views
"pi"mp
Messages
129
Reaction score
1
Hi,
I was hoping to train myself to become a whistle tooth. This is where you can talk with a sharp whistle on every "s" sound. I think this requires wooden teeth. Does anyone know anything on the subject?

Thanks all!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I only know that 2 of my brothers do it when they want to tease me, cause they know that I like it but I can't do it.
 
"pi"mp said:
Hi,
I was hoping to train myself to become a whistle tooth. This is where you can talk with a sharp whistle on every "s" sound. I think this requires wooden teeth. Does anyone know anything on the subject?

Thanks all!
It's an annoying speech impediment. Why on Earth would you want to sound annoying?

Dr. Turbyfill is listening not for his patients’ dramatic flair, but for their s’s. The letter’s normal hiss can turn into a distracting whistle as an unexpected and unhappy result of any dental treatment that alters the contour or position of the front teeth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/01/science/01whis.html?_r=0
 
TTTSSSSSSSummmer TSQuash?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1: Learn how to wistle with your tounge (i.e. not with fingers or with your lips)
Step 2: Practice incorporating that whistle into speech.
Step 3: Watch as the people around you slowly start avoiding you
 
Travis_King said:
Step 1: Learn how to wistle with your tounge (i.e. not with fingers or with your lips)
Step 2: Practice incorporating that whistle into speech.
Step 3: Watch as the people around you slowly start avoiding you

Haha!

To me, I'm only interested in number one. It's good to know how to Whistle without using hands, it's really handy.