What jobs can you get with a Bachelors in Applied Math

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Thinkle12
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
So, I am majoring in Applied Mathematics at Fresno Pacific University and was just wondering what sorts of jobs I could get with my major. My school career services is kind of useless to be honest and I've already talked to them... I was just wondering what you all thought? I have always wanted to do engineering but my school does not have it... Thanks for the responses!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
All the applied math majors I know have academic or government jobs ... building statistical models and um stuff.
 
Programming jobs come to mind, but you will need to take some classes on it while you're in school. Also, check out actuarial jobs.
 
If you aren't planning on pursuing further studies in mathematics, there are still many jobs available. Some areas in finance, economics, national defence. There are many resources online that talk about such positions,
for instance,
http://www.toroidalsnark.net/mathcareers.html

is one I stumbled on.
If you really do want to do engineering though, maybe you should look at transferring schools, or looking at possible outside funding you could get so that you could pursue what you really want to do, or decide if it is a viable option.