Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you help me have a general view on cosmology and astrophysics?

1. Jan 5, 2008 #1
    Our college has just established a new department: laboratory of high energy physics and cosmology. And it is the first in our country. We are first students,too. Can you help me have a general view on cosmology and astrophysics?
    We only know little about some constellations and solar system.:frown:
    Thank you very much.:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2008 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

try pick up a good introductory book from your library or book store, we are willing to guide which ones that are good if you tells us which one you can get a copy of.

Also I have some good material on my computer and some links, send me a private message and I give you my email.

Cheers

4. Jan 7, 2008 #3
    Thank you very much!

There isn't any book about cosmology in our college's library. It only has few books about general astronomy. But they are published some decades ago, and only introduces to some planets.

How can I send you a message? What's your email address? Mine is lava122@yahoo.com.

Thanks very much!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. Jan 7, 2008 #4

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

you can click "private messages" at the very up right corner, dont post you email here!!!

also you can click on my name to see my "public profile" then choose to send me a private message!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  6. Jan 7, 2008 #5
    Which country are you from?

7. Jan 7, 2008 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

You should try to change that...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?