Are there any beginner-friendly audiobooks on cosmology and astrophysics?

  • Topic: Cosmology 
  • Thread starter Thread starter FallenApple
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
FallenApple
Messages
564
Reaction score
61
So I drive a lot. I need a audiobook that doesn't really rely on too many pictures or math. Simply because I want to drive safely and listen to something interesting.

I already have a basic background so something in more modern stuff would be good. Something along the lines of cosmology or astrophysics. Any ideas?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anything by Feynman.
The character of a physical law, QED, Six easy pieces, ... the list goes on.

But I couldn't drive safely with a science audiobook. I would zone out, trying to picture concepts...
 
SredniVashtar said:
Anything by Feynman.
The character of a physical law, QED, Six easy pieces, ... the list goes on.

But I couldn't drive safely with a science audiobook. I would zone out, trying to picture concepts...
Same. Recipe for disaster.
 
Many of the Feynman lectures are available on audiobooks. The trouble is many are very mathematical, especially when he talks about spin-1 and spin 1/2 in quantum mechanics. I feel I can follow them while driving, with a graduate degree in physics, but I think they would be tough sledding for anyone without a Bachelors degree (i.e. layman)