Can you talk like a pirate and be a lab wench for a day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lisab
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
74 replies · 12K views
wolram said:
A year all ready, nothing much has changed just more rust on me row locks.
And a few more barnacles on me hull.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Arrrr! So I see you be startin' the festivities this year with narry a thought as to crack yer flasks on me slumberin' noggin. Neptune hisself couldn't flounder me pirate heart on this fine day! Y'all have to do better than that to beach this salty dog. We've got ourselves some piratin' to do, so let's get tankered and hoist the jib and cast off in search of fame and fortune on this jolly roger day. This year we be searchin' for Captain Wooly's old pins, and by the fleas on my hairy hide we'll find 'em or I'll have you bilge rats shackled to the ferrymasters stern.
 
rootX said:
aww..
Ye misspelled arrr!

It's like a year and I still remember this thread :smile:
What be this strange-soundin' speech I'm hearin' from ya?
 
Now, this be one way of raising the dead (necroposting) that I harrrrtily approve! Arrrh...
 
Last edited:
Q: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
A: P! Because it's an R, but it's missing a leg!

:biggrin:
 
We have Bautista starting with Diaz behind the plate. McCutchen is the lead batter.

Pittsburgh sucks.
 
Q: Where's me buccaneer?
A: On ye buccan head
 
Last edited:
fuzzyfelt said:
Q: Where's me buccaneer?
A: On ye buccan head

Arrrr arrrr arrrrr arrrr

pirate laugh
 
Math Is Hard said:
Q: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
A: P! Because it's an R, but it's missing a leg!

Harrrr harrrr harrrr! :smile:
 
Dadface said:
A vast behind

Now where's me second eyepatch when I needs it? That's a sight I'm NOT wantin' to behold! Arrrrr...
 



Some Irish Pirate Punk Rock fer ye scurvy dogs tha migh be interested.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean today trolls and spammers will be keelhauled instead o' receivin' infractions?
 
Redbelly98 said:
A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )

collinsmark said:
...A pirate walks into the pub with a steering wheel shoved half way down his pants. The pirate approaches the bartender, "Yaaahr, I'll take a pint of stout and shot of your finest whiskey."
...The bartender pours him the stout and makes him his whiskey. The bartender gives the pirate his drinks and says to him, "Ya know there mate, you've got a steering wheel shoved down your trousers. Do ya' know that?"
..."Yaaahr, I know. It's drivin' me nuts."
Yaarrrh! Don't believe in readin ye olde posts now, do ye? Don't think ye be gettin off easy, actin like a blisterin parrot.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gaarrrh! Where went the post by that scallywag CollinsMaarrrhk? Who be playin tricks here with me?
 
...A pirate captain and his first mate are stranded at sea in a liferaft. Nearly dying of thirst they notice a bottle floating next to the raft and the mate picks it up and rubs the bottle. A Ginnie pops out and says, "Hello my pirate friends. Thank you for releasing me from this bottle. I will grant you one wish."
..."I thought it was three wishes," said the first mate.
..."Yahhhr," said the pirate captain to his mate, "batton down ye' hatches and let the Ginnie speak. This may be our last hope. Don't interrupt for it might be our only recourse to survive, yahhr."
..."The wise captain is correct," said the Ginnie, "three wishes are a myth -- an urban legend, if you will. For releasing me from the bottle, I will grant you a single wish. One and only one wish"
..."I wish that the sea was made of rum!" without hesitation exclaimed the first mate. And instantly the entire ocean turned into rum, and the Ginnie and bottle vanished.
..."Yahhhr, you idiot," said the pirate captain, scanning from horizon to horizon, seeing only rum. "Now we have to piss in the boat."
 
On Friday, The "Jeopardy" quiz show had a category titled something like "Let's Talk Like a Pirate" in which all the responses began with the letters "ar". However, none of the players got into the spirit of the thing by pronouncing them pirate-style. :cry:

The way it should have gone: "The gas that pirates fill their light bulbs with." "What is arrr-gon?"
 
Thought I would post something useful: "www.avast.com"[/URL].

It fits the pirate theme nicely.

I use it in addition to PC Tools Spyware Dr., catches some things that the other doesn't and vice versa.

Seems to be better than the free version of AVG.

Rhody... :cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tighten yer main braces and scrape the barnacles of yer bottom, we have females aboard, ho, ho, ho.
 
wolram said:
Tighten yer main braces and scrape the barnacles of yer bottom, we have [STRIKE]females[/STRIKE] wenches aboard, ho, ho, ho.

Fixed that :wink:.
 
Avast, me hearties! It be that day again.
For thems that don't understand, http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html" what you be needin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Waits talked like a pirate before it was popular to talk like a pirate. I mean before it was popular with people who are not pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_F0DIJyHRs
 
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, take what you can and give nothin back.

This is a republican thread right?
 
A new pirate rock music video since the last one has apparently found its way to Davey's locker...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, pirates no longer talk like pirates. It's too dangerous, they could easily be detected and incarcerated. You can find them though, they're the only ones not talking like pirates on talk like a pirate day.

Oops, I means to say those who ply the seven seas on the lookout for plunder do not palaver like as such. It be perilous for they may lay a scent for landlubbers to follow and be sent to the brig. E'en so, ye can smell them out for they do not talk the way the likes of pirates do on this fine day.
 
Another wonderful necro-post candidate...

originally started: Sep19-08, 02:53 PM

Haven't we had enough pirates already ?

Rhody... :redface: