Can you talk like a pirate and be a lab wench for a day?
- Thread starter lisab
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
74 replies · 12K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Jimmy Snyder
- 1,137
- 22
Is it that time again?
I moved $5 billion from the Lehman account into the slush fund, and then from the slush fund into the AIG account. I was careful not to leave a paper trail. Then from the AIG account into my personal slush fund and from there into a numbered Swiss bank account. I'm pretty sure that it can't be traced.
I moved $5 billion from the Lehman account into the slush fund, and then from the slush fund into the AIG account. I was careful not to leave a paper trail. Then from the AIG account into my personal slush fund and from there into a numbered Swiss bank account. I'm pretty sure that it can't be traced.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
jimmysnyder said:Is it that time again?
I moved $5 billion from the Lehman account into the slush fund, and then from the slush fund into the AIG account. I was careful not to leave a paper trail. Then from the AIG account into my personal slush fund and from there into a numbered Swiss bank account. I'm pretty sure that it can't be traced.
OK, I took a good minute to get that...!
OAQfirst
- 23
- 3
Who decides this stuff? International/national x day? I want in on this. I've got plenty of ideas for national x days.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Past Pirate threads
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=185626
PF Pirate Nerds, starts at post 70
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=64484&page=5
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=185626
PF Pirate Nerds, starts at post 70
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=64484&page=5
Ms Music
- 119
- 1
ARRH! Ahoy Mateys!
Anyone thar seen me parrot?
Anyone thar seen me parrot?
- 12,179
- 186
Aarrrrrh, aye, I seen it 'n' yer parrrot 'twas a mightee fine meal for me 'n' me ladzzz!
edward
- 74
- 166
Is this blasted thread ARRRRR rated?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Yarrrrrrrhh!
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
I be J scuttle gunner, 7 ships i sailed on and 7 ships i sunk, ooaaaagh
- 12,179
- 186
Arrrrrrr, Wolram, it be the twentieth day of Septimberr in thar time zone. Yer piratin' days are over!
binzing
- 281
- 0
Uh, ok..I'm leaving
- 12,179
- 186
lisab said:...'til next yeaaarrrrrr!
Arrrrr, yer right, and Wolram will be gettin' a head starrrt 'n us then.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
binzing said:Uh, ok..I'm leaving
I don't think puns are funny until you're about 40. Then you find yourself laughing at jokes that your parents would find funny...
...it's frightful scary, me lad...arrrrr! You midddlin' scallywag has many a yeeear to go, thar!
binzing
- 281
- 0
I'm afraid not. I've been indoctrinated in puns since the beginning. They are all bad.
Artman
- 1,507
- 41
Discover your pirate names here:
http://www.piratequiz.com/"
http://www.piratequiz.com/"
Oops, oh and, Arrrrgh!Your pirate name is:
Calico Davy Flint
Often indecisive, you can't even choose a favorite color. You're apt to follow wherever the wind blows you, just like Calico Jack Rackham, your namesake. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
binzing said:I'm afraid not.
Ever hear the one about the piece of string that tried to disguise himself by tying himself into a bow and ruffling out his ends?
- 12,179
- 186
A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"
(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )
(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Redbelly98 said:A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"
(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )
Last edited by a moderator:
binzing
- 281
- 0
Black Tom Flint
Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
- 12,179
- 186
Arrrrrrr! I'm bumpin' this herrrre thread, mateys.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Our stun'sl bones is carried away, what care we for that sound? A living gale is after us. Thank god we're homeward bound.
(OK, its a whaling song, but close enough!)
(OK, its a whaling song, but close enough!)
rootX
- 481
- 4
aww.. It's like a year and I still remember this thread 
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
A year all ready, nothing much has changed just more rust on me row locks.
Similar threads
- Readinglevel^
- · Replies 10 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 10
- Oblivion77
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
