Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you tell me about myself and how I think?

1. Aug 29, 2007 #1
    Can you tell me about myself and how I think??

People will ask me: Tell me about yourself! I can't tell you about myself. I do not know why I think the way that I do. Let me tell you how I think.

I got so p'd off when I heard about Michael Vick and him killing and abusing dogs. But, I could care less if I hear about a human being getting killed or tortured on TV. If someone criticizes my favorite football team, my church,or my immediate family I get very defensive. But if someone criticizes my truck, my girlfriend, my cousins, I could care less. I am at a Community College now. When I was in High school, I wanted to go Clemson University. I did not push myself so I settled for this. When my Gpa was a 2.4 two years into college, I could care less about school. The next two years, my GPA has risen to a 3.2 and I am striving working for acceptance into Engineering school at MIT. I think very big but find myself not wanting to work hard. I don't like babies but I love puppies. I do not like people but people like me. I don't like it when a stanger tries to start a conversation with me. My mindset goes: "You don't know me so don't try to talk to me."

Tell me what you think about me and how my mind works.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2007 #2
    I think thhat you allmost think the same way that I do.
    "I think very big but find myself not wanting to work hard. I don't like babies but I love puppies. I do not like people but people like me. I don't like it when a stanger tries to start a conversation with me. My mindset goes: "You don't know me so don't try to talk to me." "

and some other thing I didn't mention.

4. Aug 30, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From what you wrote, you sound like a fairly normal, somewhat introverted (i.e., don't like strangers starting conversations with you) young man who has not yet figured out what he wants to do with his life. If you're not motivated to do your school work, it may be simply that you haven't found a subject that truly interests you yet. You have to work on setting more realistic goals for yourself than MIT if you're struggling to motivate yourself to do your course work. When you set impossible goals, you're just setting yourself up for failure, which reinforces the negative attitude. Set realistic, achievable, short-term goals, and you will find it's much easier to stay motivated when you're continuously celebrating small successes rather than big failures.

5. Aug 30, 2007 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Sounds boring.

6. Aug 30, 2007 #5

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think the phrase you're after is "I couldn't care less"!

7. Aug 30, 2007 #6
    Do you actually have a girlfriend?

8. Aug 30, 2007 #7

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What is your definition of a stranger? For example, does it include classmates?

9. Aug 30, 2007 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My guess is if he does, it's not a very good relationship. Usually men would care about someone insulting their girlfriend if they really cared a lot about her, but if it's just a casual thing, not so much.

10. Aug 30, 2007 #9
    I just can't imaging anyone who is so anti-people and shy of strangers attracting any girl.

11. Aug 30, 2007 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I know four students who achieved greater than 4.0 in high school who were rejected from MIT. Try Woostah, or RPI, and then if you knock them out with your brilliance, MIT might notice you for PhD studies.

But even Woostah and RPI won't be impressed by lackadaisical community college work.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  12. Aug 30, 2007 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I rarely let people insult anyone nevermind someone I care about. Not because I'm defensive (because I'm not defensive), but because it's just not cool.

13. Aug 30, 2007 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You'd be surprised. Often, those very traits are like a magnet.

14. Aug 30, 2007 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

No, he's right. "I could care less" is the sarcastic version of the same phrase.

15. Aug 30, 2007 #14

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Interesting. Hmmmm. But one initiates contact with strangers and then asks "Tell me what you think about me and how my mind works."

OK. You're a diode? :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?