Can your lecturers/professors see your past grades?

• Thread starter chebyshevF
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grades
In summary, your lecturers/professors have access to your past grades and can see them from the time you enrolled in the program. This may vary depending on the institution's policies. They can also see your grades from other courses or programs as long as they are on your academic record. You can inquire about privacy options with your academic advisor or the registrar. Your lecturers/professors are responsible for assessing your current performance and not solely judging you based on past grades, but it is important to work hard and improve your academic record.
chebyshevF
This might sound like a silly/strange question, and I imagine it varies across all institutions/universities, but can your professors of your current subjects look into your academic record and see what grades you got for past courses?

Does anyone know whether this is possible at their university?

Physics news on Phys.org
At the college where I teach, any faculty member can look up any current student's academic record.

1. Can my lecturers/professors see my past grades?

Yes, your lecturers/professors have access to your academic records, including your past grades.

2. Is there a limit to how far back lecturers/professors can see my grades?

This may vary depending on the institution and their policies. Generally, lecturers/professors have access to your grades from the time you enrolled in the program.

3. Can lecturers/professors see my grades from other courses or programs?

Yes, as long as the grades are on your academic record, your lecturers/professors can see them regardless of the course or program.

4. Can I request to hide my grades from certain courses or semesters?

Most institutions have policies in place regarding the privacy of student records. You can inquire with your academic advisor or the institution's registrar to see if there are any options available.

5. Will my lecturers/professors judge me based on my past grades?

It is the responsibility of lecturers/professors to assess your current performance and not base it solely on your past grades. However, it is always best to work hard and improve your academic record to showcase your potential.