Canada loses to Russia in World Juniors

  • Thread starter Thread starter oddcitations
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Canada
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 4K views
oddcitations
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
A devastating night for Canadians. Especially since 1) the stadium was 90% composed of Canadians, and 2) the tickets were $500 each.

Half of Canada is now going to drink themselves to sleep, hockey is what we live for! It's the ONLY thing we are notoriously known for! Other then pennicilyn.

AAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH. Life stinks. Especially since Russia went into a circle and worshipped their trophy.

You know what? They deserve to win, they fought well, and put up a great fight. Heh, I was going to celebrate and not do my physics, but now I'm going to cry and not do my physics.

Russia - Canada : 5:3
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Sports - don't get it.

It's so emotional! I'm willing to put good money that people get suicidal for hockey!
You don't understand Evo! We were winning 3 - nothing! WE COULD SEE THE GOLD. but we ended up listening to Russian's sing terribly out of tune! Also, US got Bronze, over Sweden.
 
oddcitations said:
A devastating night for Canadians. Especially since 1) the stadium was 90% composed of Canadians, and 2) the tickets were $500 each.

Half of Canada is now going to drink themselves to sleep, hockey is what we live for! It's the ONLY thing we are notoriously known for! Other then pennicilyn.

AAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH. Life stinks. Especially since Russia went into a circle and worshipped their trophy.

You know what? They deserve to win, they fought well, and put up a great fight. Heh, I was going to celebrate and not do my physics, but now I'm going to cry and not do my physics.

Russia - Canada : 5:3

Was this basketball?
 
I never knew anyone but Canadians took ice hokey seriously.
 
Shaun_W said:
I never knew anyone but Canadians took ice hokey seriously.

Ah, Boxing.
 
After Russia scored the 5th goal I felt like crying. I lost all faith.
 
Canada is known for surprises.

I was disappointed; my neighbors ,on the other hand, were quite happy..
 
zomgwtf said:
After Russia scored the 5th goal I felt like crying. I lost all faith.
Oh my god, my gut dropped after they tied the game! With only like, 2 minutes left in the game! I agree with you, twas a devastating night. But, listening to guy's scream at a camera in Russian was pretty satisfying, and I'm glad it's not the U.S. that beat us. :\
╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
Canada is known for surprises.

I was disappointed; my neighbors ,on the other hand, were quite happy..
Yeah, we lost stamina at the end. Why? Glad at least you were disappointed. :]

Shaun_W said:
I never knew anyone but Canadians took ice hokey seriously.

Russia and Canada have an ongoing hockey war. It's been going on since the 1950's! Russia's like our arch rival!
 
oddcitations said:
Yeah, we lost stamina at the end. Why? Glad at least you were disappointed. :]
They are Russian.
 
╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
They are Russian.


That makes sense. :p
 
Guess they celebrated a bit too much?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/world-juniors/russian-team-kicked-off-flight-after-celebrating-world-junior-win/article1859778/
 
Last edited:
Sigh... non-americans are ridiculous when it comes to sports

[/irony]
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Guess they celebrated a bit too much?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/world-juniors/russian-team-kicked-off-flight-after-celebrating-world-junior-win/article1859778/


Oh my god that nearly just made my day! Kind of makes losing to them a little less agonizing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
oddcitations said:
hockey

Is that the game where you can't even see the ball (or whatever you call it), and realize it was a goal only when you see the players celebrating?
 
Pengwuino said:
Sigh... non-americans are ridiculous when it comes to sports

[/irony]


I thought American's were known for their above average weight and extreme opinions. I never knew they lived for sports as well.
 
jobyts said:
Is that the game where you can't even see the ball (or whatever you call it), and realize it was a goal only when you see the players celebrating?


It's a puck! A puck!
It's also the game where players body check each other into the boards and fans scream!
...but yeah, you kind of need a really good eye to see the puck.