Can't use my hand for work or study because of pain?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
Lisa!
Gold Member
Messages
672
Reaction score
96
I've got a terrible pain in my hand since Thuesday. Now I have to not to work with it a lot till it gets better. Unfortunately I can't think of anything that I can do without my hand. I spend some time studying but I always take the book with my hand. I try to work with my hand when I'm working with computer but it takes a lot of time and I work with it anyway! Any suggestion about what to do?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
If a doctor has told you not to use it then dont, may be you
should use a sling, but the doctor should have told you, and if by any chance
you are ignoring what you have been told you are silly.
 
Mr wolram said:
If a doctor has told you not to use it then dont, may be you
should use a sling, but the doctor should have told you, and if by any chance
you are ignoring what you have been told you are silly.
The situation isn't as bad as you think, Sir.It even doesn't need to visit a doctor. I had the worse experience before.And I don't use it except when I have to. (I'm typing with 1 hand)But you know I'm bored to death and need some hobby which don't have anything to do with my hand. I can'tsit or sleep somewhere dreaming all the day.
 
Lisa! said:
The situation isn't as bad as you think, Sir.It even doesn't need to visit a doctor. I had the worse experience before.And I don't use it except when I have to. (I'm typing with 1 hand)But you know I'm bored to death and need some hobby which don't have anything to do with my hand. I can'tsit or sleep somewhere dreaming all the day.

Hey i can only type with one finger and things keep moving on my key board,
so that's not to bad for you, when i was a kid i couldn't use my right arm for
three months, it was a struggle at times but you learn to manage.
Will the problem with your hand heal, or is it a long term thing?
 
mattmns, I forgot to mention! I'm asking for a hobby which doesn't need to talk or write! :wink: I can call my friends for example but I really don't enjoy talking a lot!



Mr wolram said:
Hey i can only type with one finger and things keep moving on my key board,
so that's not to bad for you, when i was a kid i couldn't use my right arm for
three months, it was a struggle at times but you learn to manage.
Will the problem with your hand heal, or is it a long term thing?
If I take care of it, it will get well soon.I can type with 1 finger too but I'm afraid that it causes the same for my other hand. I shouldn't do evrything only with 1 hand. Anyway I think I have to not post here for a while.Good news, am I right? :wink:
 
Lisa! said:
If I take care of it, it will get well soon.I can type with 1 finger too but I'm afraid that it causes the same for my other hand. I shouldn't do evrything only with 1 hand. Anyway I think I have to not post here for a while.Good news, am I right? :wink:

As usual your highgness you are absolutely 100% wrong, i rather enjoy your strange idiosyncrasies :biggrin:
 
dduardo, good suggestion but it doesn't work for me. The problem is that I visit 3 or 4 sites and play a silly game at the same time and lots of other thing...The problem is that I'm too impatient. So I want to do evrything so fast.


Mr wolram said:
As usual your highgness you are absolutely 100% wrong, i rather enjoy your strange idiosyncrasies :biggrin:
I have to say goodbye till my hand will get better, Sir! Then I'll pay you back! :wink:
 
Lisa! said:
I have to say goodbye till my hand will get better, Sir! Then I'll pay you back! :wink:

Ok grasshoper, take care, and think, when you are not on pf you can find other minds to torture, No do not reply i can wait :biggrin: :biggrin:
 
I don't know why it gets worse whenever I visit this site! :bugeye: It was almost ok before I came here but now :cry: :cry: :cry:
 
Lisa! said:
I don't know why it gets worse whenever I visit this site! :bugeye: It was almost ok before I came here but now :cry: :cry: :cry:
ooohh, if there was a lady that
deserved a bottom spanking, but that is just so incorrect, now do not type any
more and let your hand recover.