Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can't view email updates

1. Sep 5, 2007 #1

gulfcoastfella

Gold Member

Can't view PhysicsForums.com Newsletter...

Hi,

I received an email update from PF, but everything was in html code. The message recommended that I use my options panel at PF to select 'text' as my update format. The only problem is that I've been studying the options and control panel for a while now and can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?

Chris

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't see a way to do it either. Are you sure you need to change something here, and not on your email software so it'll read the HTML for you?

4. Sep 5, 2007 #3

gulfcoastfella

Gold Member

Hi Moonbear,

The community update I received provided a link for me to change the settings at PF; the part below came from the community update:

<!-- If you can't see this message properly, then you are unable to see
    HTML formatted emails. Please
    change your setting in the control panel to
    receive the community bulletin in Text format.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions -->

In addition to the link in the community update, all of my other emails with HTML display just fine; not PF though.

Any help would be terrrrrrrific.

Thx

Chris

5. Sep 6, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...that's where I was looking too, and don't see any such options either. It would make sense to have such an option to receive plain text emails...maybe something needs to be turned on in the forum settings to allow that option to display. More interesting is that you can receive other emails with HTML...sounds like there may be a problem in the HTML code in the PF emails that it's not being "read" right to display properly.

What update do you receive anyway? Do you mean updates on your subscribed threads? We're still trying to get people to just be able to receive email at all.

6. Sep 6, 2007 #5

gulfcoastfella

Gold Member

The email update I refer to is the "PhysicsForums.com Newsletter".

C

P.S. thanks for trying to figure this out. I appreciate it, even though we're still befuddled. :tongue2:

7. Sep 6, 2007 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There used to be an option for that, not anymore. I can't remember the last time I got a bulletin, I thought they weren't being sent anymore.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?