Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career in physics research after 14 yrsin IT post B.Tech

1. Oct 5, 2015 #1
    Hi,
    I am into IT consulting for last 14 years after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I have a dream since my childhood to build career in research in physics. The closest I came to my dream when I appeared for JSET-2001 and got interview call from RRI and IIA. I am planning to change my career for which I am planning to appear for the exams like GATE/JEST which is a pre-requisite for Ph D programmer in physics in most of top Indian Institutes like IISc, TIFR, IITs etc. Can you please guide me how to start with in achieving my dream. I have started brushing up the foundations in mathematical physics, quantum mechanics and electrodynamics.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2015 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Oct 5, 2015 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Preetam, this is the "Introductions Only - No Questions" forum. You should ask your questions in the "Academic Guidance" forum located here https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/academic-guidance.139/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook