Cat Lovers- You guys hold the secret to AntiGravity

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
In summary, this person tried to use the principles of physics to explain how a cat can land on its side after being levitated by its owner. However, their explanation is based on flawed reasoning, and is ultimately laughable.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Yes, that's right. You just thought they were cute. Well it seems your cats have can benefit society in other ways as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Strapping toast to a cat could be amusing on it's own. Kitties are very entertaining. I painted my cat with highlighter markers today. She was bugging me while I was studying so I made her little white paws into easter eggs.

Cats can also levitate if you pull their tail.

Math Is Hard said:
Strapping toast to a cat could be amusing on it's own. Kitties are very entertaining. I painted my cat with highlighter markers today. She was bugging me while I was studying so I made her little white paws into easter eggs.

:rofl: that's hilarious..."easter eggs"...I've never painted my cat before but it's really funny to put some tape on my cat and see him go and spin in circles to get it off...very funny to be exact... my cat's too smart to get fooled by his reflection in the mirror though. And a final thing b/c I love talking about my kitty..it's interesting how he knows that it's you waving the cat toy at the end of a string..(he'll look at the toy then look at your hand with a look that says I know it's you)

After seeing that you tube clip...goodness do people have that much time to analyze things...it's funny how he made it sound all scientific and everything...:rofl:

Last edited:
The fatal flaw to this plan is that it mistakenly assumes that it is a repulsive force that causes the cat to land feet first and the toast to land butterside down. When, in fact, it is the attractive nature of cat feet and butter that causes the effect.

Thus by combining these two effects you are in fact doubling the attractive force. If the effects are equal in magnitude they will balance and the cat will simply land very hard on its side.

~christina~ said:
..it's interesting how he knows that it's you waving the cat toy at the end of a string..(he'll look at the toy then look at your hand with a look that says I know it's you)

"I know it's you, silly human. But I will now proceed to pounce and swat with wild abandon just to humor you."

I'm amazed cats never evolved eyebrows. I'm sure they would regard us with one raised, if they had them.

Math Is Hard said:
"I know it's you, silly human. But I will now proceed to pounce and swat with wild abandon just to humor you."

I'm amazed cats never evolved eyebrows. I'm sure they would regard us with one raised, if they had them.

:rofl:..I bet that's exactly what he's thinking..

Janus said:
The fatal flaw to this plan is that it mistakenly assumes that it is a repulsive force that causes the cat to land feet first and the toast to land butterside down. When, in fact, it is the attractive nature of cat feet and butter that causes the effect.

Thus by combining these two effects you are in fact doubling the attractive force. If the effects are equal in magnitude they will balance and the cat will simply land very hard on its side.

O c'mon now, your just making up physics! I was trying to talk real science here Janus!:biggrin:

1. How did cat lovers discover the secret to AntiGravity?

The discovery of the secret to AntiGravity by cat lovers was accidental. While studying the behavior of cats, scientists observed that they have a natural ability to defy gravity and move in a seemingly weightless manner.

2. Can anyone become a cat lover and unlock the secret to AntiGravity?

Yes, anyone can become a cat lover and potentially unlock the secret to AntiGravity. However, it requires a deep understanding and observation of cat behavior, as well as a strong connection and bond with these animals.

3. How can the secret to AntiGravity be applied in the scientific field?

The secret to AntiGravity has the potential to revolutionize space exploration and transportation. By understanding and harnessing the principles of AntiGravity, we can potentially develop technologies that allow us to travel through space more efficiently and effortlessly.

4. Is there any evidence to support the claim that cat lovers hold the secret to AntiGravity?

While there is no concrete scientific evidence, many researchers and scientists have observed and documented the seemingly weightless movements of cats. This, coupled with the unique bond and connection that cat lovers have with their feline companions, suggests that there may be some truth to the claim.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the use of the secret to AntiGravity?

As with any scientific discovery, there may be ethical concerns that arise when attempting to apply the secret to AntiGravity. It is important for scientists and researchers to carefully consider the potential consequences and implications of this technology before moving forward with its development.