Cat Lovers- You guys hold the secret to AntiGravity
- Thread starter G01
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Strapping toast to a cat could be amusing on it's own. Kitties are very entertaining. I painted my cat with highlighter markers today. She was bugging me while I was studying so I made her little white paws into easter eggs.
waht
- 1,502
- 4
Cats can also levitate if you pull their tail.
~christina~
Gold Member
- 714
- 0
Math Is Hard said:Strapping toast to a cat could be amusing on it's own. Kitties are very entertaining. I painted my cat with highlighter markers today. She was bugging me while I was studying so I made her little white paws into easter eggs.
After seeing that you tube clip...goodness do people have that much time to analyze things...it's funny how he made it sound all scientific and everything...
Last edited:
- 3,777
- 2,002
The fatal flaw to this plan is that it mistakenly assumes that it is a repulsive force that causes the cat to land feet first and the toast to land butterside down. When, in fact, it is the attractive nature of cat feet and butter that causes the effect.
Thus by combining these two effects you are in fact doubling the attractive force. If the effects are equal in magnitude they will balance and the cat will simply land very hard on its side.
Thus by combining these two effects you are in fact doubling the attractive force. If the effects are equal in magnitude they will balance and the cat will simply land very hard on its side.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
~christina~ said:..it's interesting how he knows that it's you waving the cat toy at the end of a string..(he'll look at the toy then look at your hand with a look that says I know it's you)
"I know it's you, silly human. But I will now proceed to pounce and swat with wild abandon just to humor you."
I'm amazed cats never evolved eyebrows. I'm sure they would regard us with one raised, if they had them.
~christina~
Gold Member
- 714
- 0
Math Is Hard said:"I know it's you, silly human. But I will now proceed to pounce and swat with wild abandon just to humor you."
I'm amazed cats never evolved eyebrows. I'm sure they would regard us with one raised, if they had them.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,709
- 19
Janus said:The fatal flaw to this plan is that it mistakenly assumes that it is a repulsive force that causes the cat to land feet first and the toast to land butterside down. When, in fact, it is the attractive nature of cat feet and butter that causes the effect.
Thus by combining these two effects you are in fact doubling the attractive force. If the effects are equal in magnitude they will balance and the cat will simply land very hard on its side.
O c'mon now, your just making up physics! I was trying to talk real science here Janus!