CBD Hemp Oil for Anxiety: Benefits & Side Effects

• Thread starter dsaun777
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oil
In summary, a pharmacist has suggested that CBD oil, particularly hemp oil, can benefit those with anxiety. The speaker has personally tried it and found it helpful for calming down and sleeping, but experiences grogginess the next day. They are curious if anyone else has used or considered using hemp oil and if there are any known side effects. It is advised to discuss this with a family doctor for personalized medical advice.
dsaun777
It has been suggested by a pharmacist I know that cbd oil, in particular hemp oil, has benefited those who suffer from anxiety. I am not prescribed to any anti-anxiety medication, nor do I use any drugs or alcohol. But I have tried hemp oil recently at night for anxiety and I must say it does help me calm down and sleep soundly. However the next day I'm usually groggy and spacey. Does anyone else use this or is thinking about using this? Do you know of any side effects?

Biology news on Phys.org
It's good that the initial advice came from a medical professional (a pharmacist), but you really should discus this with your family doctor. Your doctor will be familiar with your medical history, and will be able to ask you much more detailed questions. We can't know your medical history or ask you those detailed medical questions, and we are not doctors, so sorry, we can't help you on this. Please talk to your doc about this.

Best wishes. Thread is closed.

1. What is CBD hemp oil and how does it help with anxiety?

CBD hemp oil is a natural extract derived from the hemp plant. It contains a compound called cannabidiol (CBD), which has been found to have potential therapeutic effects for anxiety. CBD interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate mood and stress responses, leading to a calming effect on the mind and body.

2. Are there any side effects of using CBD hemp oil for anxiety?

While CBD hemp oil is generally considered safe, some people may experience side effects such as dry mouth, drowsiness, and changes in appetite. These side effects are usually mild and temporary. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement, especially if you are taking other medications.

3. How long does it take for CBD hemp oil to work for anxiety?

The effects of CBD hemp oil can vary from person to person. Some may experience immediate relief, while others may take a few weeks to notice any changes. It is important to be patient and consistent with your dosage to see the best results. It is also recommended to start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed.

4. Is CBD hemp oil legal to use for anxiety?

CBD hemp oil is legal in most states in the US, as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis). However, it is important to check your state's laws and regulations regarding CBD before purchasing or using it for anxiety.

5. Can CBD hemp oil be used as a substitute for traditional anxiety medications?

While CBD hemp oil has shown potential in managing anxiety, it is not recommended to replace any prescribed medications without consulting with a healthcare professional. CBD may interact with certain medications, and it is important to discuss any potential changes in treatment with a doctor.