Celebrating Tom Clancy: A Master of Thrilling Fiction

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fiction Master
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Haven't read him for many years but I really enjoyed his stuff back when I was reading him. There were some pretty decent movies made from his books, too.
 
In nineties I read all his novels that were printed in Poland - I think that basically meant everything up to Rainbow Six.
 
I was a big fan as well. I really enjoyed his detailed character development, and how he wove the stories with so much detail about so many characters at once.

I also liked the fact that he used some misinformation in his novel about making the nuclear weapon -- he gave a lot of details, but enough were wrong so that an effective nuclear weapon couldn't be made using his novel.
 
turbo said:
I have a lot of Clancy books in the shelves. Good stuff.

Same here; Rainbow Six is my favorite, followed closely by Op-Center.

RIP, Mr. Clancy! :frown: