Changing Field of Study: Naval Architecture to Thermo Fluids

  • Thread starter Thread starter farhad_mech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Field Study
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
farhad_mech
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hello
I have bachelor of science in Naval Architecture and i want to study mechanical engineering "Thermo fluids" for Msc,my question is:
because i have bachelor of Naval Architecture,i have not passed about half of lessons mechanical engineers pass during their study.so i think i need to read some of mechanical engineers lessons before applying for "Thermo fluids",what are this lessons that i must read so that i will not face with any big problem during my Msc?
thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of physics/math background do you have? I didn't take any engineering courses as an undergrad and I've had no trouble with graduate level mechanical engineering courses, but I had a strong background in physics and math.
 
my background in math and physics are lessons i have passed in my bsc:
general math 1
general math 2
differential equations
engineering mathematics
general physics 1
general physics 2
some other lessons i have passed in Naval architecture:
fluid mechanics 1 & 2
heat transformation 1

what was your background in math and physics?
 
Hi,
I am new at this forum and need all of your knowledge to share. Thanks
 
farhad_mech said:
my background in math and physics are lessons i have passed in my bsc:
general math 1
general math 2
differential equations
engineering mathematics
general physics 1
general physics 2
some other lessons i have passed in Naval architecture:
fluid mechanics 1 & 2
heat transformation 1

what was your background in math and physics?

Was "general physics" a calculus based course? You seem to have a pretty good background. It would help to take courses in solid mechanics and strength of materials if you haven't already.