Chaos Theory and Human Behavior: Can it Explain the Complexity of the Mind?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
john.mg
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Does the following statement make sense:

The Chaos theory models systems (e.g., gases, fluids, sound, populations, whether, solar system) which particles (e.g., atoms, waves, specimens, currents, planets) shift from entropy to harmony following certain laws (e.g, thermodynamic, mass, space, time, energy, gravity). However, although a human being is a systems, making use of Chaos theory in the psychological arena, it is not clear what are the elements entering in chaos nor the laws they ought to follow. Would the particles be neurons, hormones, ideas, or emotions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Jackadsa said:
No it doesn't.

Would you elaborate? please.
 
I agree with Jackadsa. Your description of chaos doesn't make sense nor does its application to psychology. Specifically, you would need to define "what are the elements entering in chaos [and] the laws they ought to follow" before you can make the claim that "a human being is a systems, making use of Chaos theory in the psychological arena".
 
Last edited:
Thank you for pointing to the misunderstanding of Chaos theory. As for its application to psychology, I question Chaos theory as a viable framework. I agree that a human being is a system. However, I do not think Chaos theory can model the behavior of a human being. The initial quote seemed to suggest that and I am looking to find clarification on this possibility from someone knowledgeable on Chaos theory.
Thanks again DaleSpam.