Chat trivia is back and with a prize

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: May. I'll give plenty of notice.In summary, there will be a trivia event hosted on Sunday, March 29th at 11am CST -6 GMT in the Chat Room. The event will consist of 30 miscellaneous questions and the prize is a textbook valued at $80. The host can only ship the book within the continental US, but a gold membership will be given if the winner is not in the US. Gold membership is not required to participate in the event. The event was well attended and had a great turnout. The final score was Stephen Hodgson with 7.5 points, followed by Bandersnatch with 6 points. There were multiple winners for some questions and the final score
Physics news on Phys.org
I should also note that I can only ship the book within the continental US. Gold membership will be given if that is not the case.

So could I get gold membership till this Sunday only for the participation purpose?
I like solving questions, even if I am not in continental US.

Raghav Gupta said:
So could I get gold membership till this Sunday only for the participation purpose?
I like solving questions, even if I am not in continental US.
On Sunday, you don't need to be gold to enter chat, so no, you don't need to be gold for this event.

Evo said:
On Sunday, you don't need to be gold to enter chat, so no, you don't need to be gold for this event.
Thanks, forgotten that as I not use the chat feature much.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I should also note that I can only ship the book within the continental US
sad.jpg

Likes Drakkith
Oooh and a quiz by Greg! Quizes are great fun, even if you do not plan to answer, they are great fun to watch, and you'll be surprised that you'll find yourself answering and maybe even winning!

Likes StevieTNZ
Argh! Why couldn't it have been the gold plated version: $999.11 + $3.99 shipping

hmmm... Maybe it is.

ps. Anyone know how to convert CST to PDT?

StevieTNZ said:

?

Perhaps, I should have asked a less loopty-loo question.

Reboot; "Why did Wisconsin forget to move their clocks ahead last week on March 8th?"

OmCheeto said:
?

Perhaps, I should have asked a less loopty-loo question.

Reboot; "Why did Wisconsin forget to move their clocks ahead last week on March 8th?"
You asked how to convert CST to PDT... that website I link to does that for you.

StevieTNZ said:
You asked how to convert CST to PDT... that website I link to does that for you.

It was not the right question.

You should put an announcement banner or something up tomorrow so people know when they login/visit.

We have people in chat already.

We had a great turnout and lots of great answers. More trivia chats are scheduled!

Final score:

Stephen Hodgson 7.5
Bandersnatch 6
DavidSnider 3
osotou 2
TheDemx27 2
Evo 1
rollingstein 1
Coffee_ 1
AdityaDev 1
Timothy S 1
gracy 1
DrDu 1
Borg 1

Likes gracy, AdityaDev and OmCheeto
Greg Bernhardt said:
We had a great turnout and lots of great answers. More trivia chats are scheduled!

It was great fun. I haven't laughed that much in quite a while.

Thank you!

[edit][edit] And please don't let my presence intimidate anyone. I only tied for 6th place today. :smile:

Last edited:
Likes Bandersnatch and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:

Final score:

Stephen Hodgson 7.5
Bandersnatch 6
DavidSnider 3
osotou 2
TheDemx27 2
Evo 1
rollingstein 1
Coffee_ 1
AdityaDev 1
Timothy S 1
gracy 1
DrDu 1
Borg 1
Actually, minimario posted the correct answer at 12:19, gracy repeated his answer at 12:22. Due to the error, both will get a point.

Final score:

Stephen Hodgson 7.5
Bandersnatch 6
DavidSnider 3
osotou 2
TheDemx27 2
Evo 1
rollingstein 1
Coffee_ 1
AdityaDev 1
Timothy S 1
gracy 1
minimario 1
DrDu 1
Borg 1

Last edited:
Evo said:
Correction, gracy did not win, it was minimario. minimario posted the correct answer at 12:19, gracy repeated his answer at 12:22.
I can not check that chat to find out who had given the answer first,but I Think minimario had spelled berkelium wrongly.

gracy said:
I can not check that chat to find out who had given the answer first,but I Think minimario had spelled berkelium wrongly.
No, he had spelled it correctly, there was another member that had misspelled it with an h.
I'll tell you what, to be fair to you since Greg listed you, I'll give you both the point. :smile:

Likes gracy
Evo said:
I'll tell you what, to be fair to you since Greg listed you, I'll give you both the point.
So nice of you.

Likes Evo
gracy said:
So nice of you.
Well, it was only fair, you did nothing wrong. Congrats on your point and good luck in the next trivia!

Evo said:
No, he had spelled it correctly, there was another member that had misspelled it with an h.
I'll tell you what, to be fair to you since Greg listed you, I'll give you both the point. :smile:
You should post all the names we came up with.

Evonium, Lisabeanium, Drakkothium, etc, etc. :-p

Likes Evo
OmCheeto said:
You should post all the names we came up with.

Evonium, Lisabeanium, Drakkothium, etc, etc. :-p
I kind of liked the russwattersium.

Likes OmCheeto
Evo said:
next trivia!
When will it be?

gracy said:
When will it be?
Sometime end of April

What is chat trivia?

Chat trivia is a game where participants answer questions and compete for a prize. It is usually played in a chat or messaging platform.

Is there a prize for winning chat trivia?

Yes, there is a prize for the winner of chat trivia. The prize can vary depending on the organizer of the game.

How do I participate in chat trivia?

To participate in chat trivia, you need to join the chat or messaging platform where the game is being hosted. Once the game starts, you can answer the questions and compete for the prize.

Who can play chat trivia?

Anyone can play chat trivia as long as they have access to the chat or messaging platform where the game is being hosted. Some organizers may have specific requirements such as age restrictions.

What types of questions are asked in chat trivia?

The questions in chat trivia can vary and can cover a wide range of topics such as general knowledge, pop culture, history, science, etc. The specific categories and difficulty level of the questions may differ depending on the organizer of the game.