China's Elephant Man: Risky Surgery Airing Sun Jun 7 9P

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
When I first saw this upcoming National Geographic show advertised, I caught a glimpse of this poor man and actually thought it was a joke... I was waiting for a punch line. It took a moment to realize that what I was seeing was real! He has a 50 Lb tumor on his face.

NEXT PRIMETIME AIRING
SUN JUN 7 9P

Known as "China's Elephant Man," Huang Chuncai suffers from exceptionally large tumors that have stunted his growth, left his bones undeveloped, caused his spine to buckle and restricted his breathing. Now, Huang undergoes a risky surgery.
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/china-s-elephant-man-4210/Overview

Here is a video preview
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/china-s-elephant-man-4210/Overview#tab-Videos/06728_00
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Just a reminder for anyone interested. This will air tomorrow.
 
It is surprising that he has made it this far. I hope his surgery goes very well for him.