Choosing between astrophysics, civil engineering, or business school

  • Thread starter Thread starter CanadianPhys
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career Choices
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
CanadianPhys
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Alright so I should probably start thinking about what to do in Uni so here are my 3 choices, and i have some questions about them... I like space,physics, aliens, not so much chem, and law
-Astrophysics(is it easy to find a job?(not teaching). i know it pays pretty good)
-Civil Engineering(I heard it was the easiest of all eng., i know you can find a job here, how hard is it?)Possibly continue to become a lawyer
-Business(at a business school like Shoelich@york) then into Coprarate Lawyer
 
Physics news on Phys.org
CanadianPhys said:
Alright so I should probably start thinking about what to do in Uni so here are my 3 choices, and i have some questions about them... I like space,physics, aliens, not so much chem, and law
-Astrophysics(is it easy to find a job?(not teaching). i know it pays pretty good)
-Civil Engineering(I heard it was the easiest of all eng., i know you can find a job here, how hard is it?)Possibly continue to become a lawyer
-Business(at a business school like Shoelich@york) then into Coprarate Lawyer

civil is, in general, easier to grasp than electrical, chemical, etc, but it does entail a lot of work. Structural analysis problems take a lot of time, and my civil friends spend more time doing work than I do (mech). Don't go into something like that because you've heard it's easier. You'll feel like your wasting your time for instance, when you take a whole year learning road and highway standards, etc, unless that's somehting you want to do
 
Last edited: