Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choosing right statistics,regression method

  1. Feb 22, 2013 #1
    I have a crooked line of data points,want to project data on the straight line.If I go standard least-square method,some of the points change their position to each other,this is not want I a want.Anyone has idea about regresion methods or some other statistics,except classical y=bx+c.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2013 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    Hey Milentije.

    What do you mean by change their position to each other? Can you describe this (or perhaps provide a picture)?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook