Chrome dinosaur game high scores

• Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chrome Game
In summary: Once I load that website, I can disconnect from the internet and continue playing. I can restart the game too, but cannot request a new game.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
We all* are familiar with the dinosaur game that pops us when the computer cannot connect to the internet. What is the highest score that you have achieved?

Note that if you play the game using AI or a pre-programmed bot, that will not qualify here.

Edit: *assuming you are using Google Chrome.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:
We all are familiar with the dinosaur game that pops us when the computer cannot connect to the internet.
I’m not. I have good connection. :cool:

Orodruin said:
I’m not. I have good connection. :cool:
Then disconnect from the net and play. :wink:

Wrichik Basu said:
No need apparently https://chromedino.com/

Orodruin said:
No need apparently https://chromedino.com/
It doesn't replicate the original chrome dino completely. Day-night transitions are not implemented there, making it much easier to play.

Wrichik Basu said:
We all are familiar with the dinosaur game that pops us when the computer cannot connect to the internet.
I have no idea what you are talking about, so we are NOT "all" familiar with it. I sometimes cannot connect to the internet and I still have no idea what you are talking about. You must have a particular configuration on your computer and for some reason you think everyone has it.

phinds said:
You must have a particular configuration on your computer and for some reason you think everyone has it.

Every computer that I have used till now: at school, at home (laptop and desktop) and at college (running Linux) have the dinosaur game popping up in Chrome when you have no internet.

You can access the game by going to chrome://dino

Wrichik Basu said:
Every computer that I have used till now: at school, at home (laptop and desktop) and at college (running Linux) have the dinosaur game popping up in Chrome when you have no internet.

You can access the game by going to chrome://dino
Ah. Well not everyone uses Chrome. Perhaps you were not aware of that.

phinds said:
Ah. Well not everyone uses Chrome. Perhaps you were not aware of that.
Should have mentioned that. Editing OP.

607 on the version linked above (I don't have Chrome).

Likes Wrichik Basu
Wrichik Basu said:

Can you tell me if you can play Sudoku (as https://sudokuhit.com/) offline in your browser?

rustsys said:
Can you tell me if you can play Sudoku (as https://sudokuhit.com/) offline in your browser?
Once I load that website, I can disconnect from the internet and continue playing. I can restart the game too, but cannot request a new game.

FO9pVtk.png

I got almost 9k on google dino game! I think this can get me in top10 high scores atleast.

• Wow
Likes Wrichik Basu

1. What is the highest score ever recorded in the Chrome dinosaur game?

The highest scores in the Chrome dinosaur game are not officially tracked by Google, so there are various claims online. Some players have reported scores that max out at 99,999, which is believed to be the highest possible score due to limitations in the game's score counter.

2. Does the game ever end?

No, the Chrome dinosaur game is an endless runner game, which means it continues until the player hits an obstacle. However, the game is coded to reset after reaching the maximum score of 99,999, effectively ending that session.

3. How can I improve my score in the Chrome dinosaur game?

To improve your score, practice is key. Focus on learning the patterns of obstacles and perfecting your timing for jumps and ducks. As the game progresses, obstacles come faster, so improving your reaction time is crucial. Some players find playing in full-screen mode or zooming in the browser helps to better anticipate obstacles.

4. Are there any cheats to get a high score in the Chrome dinosaur game?

Yes, there are several cheat codes and hacks that can be used to manipulate scores or gameplay. For example, using the Chrome Developer Tools, you can access the JavaScript console and modify the game's speed or make the dinosaur invincible. However, using cheats removes the challenge and satisfaction of achieving a high score legitimately.

5. Can I play the Chrome dinosaur game even when online?

Yes, you can play the Chrome dinosaur game even when you have an internet connection. You can directly access the game by typing "chrome://dino" in the Google Chrome address bar. This allows you to play the game without having to disconnect from the internet.