Cogeneration Plant: Ideal Cycle Analysis for Water as Working Fluid

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluepleiadez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Plant
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
bluepleiadez
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The question asked about a cogeneration plant with water as a working fluid, but I am not sure what type of cycle it belongs to. The plant uses utility heat and steam can be throttled.


Homework Equations


The system was assumed to be ideal, no pressure drop, no heat loss and is internally reversible.


The Attempt at a Solution


Brayton, ideal Rankine cycle?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
rock.freak667 said:
I would think it would be the ideal Rankine cycle.

I believe it's regenerative rankine cycle?
 
bluepleiadez said:
I believe it's regenerative rankine cycle?

Yeah that's it, I couldn't remember how the regenerative cycle's T-s diagram looked like. But it should be that one.
 
rock.freak667 said:
Yeah that's it, I couldn't remember how the regenerative cycle's T-s diagram looked like. But it should be that one.

I can leave out the throttling valve in the ts diagram right?since the valve does not give power...but increases pressure?
 
bluepleiadez said:
I can leave out the throttling valve in the ts diagram right?since the valve does not give power...but increases pressure?

I think you mean pump and not throttling valve? But you'd need to have it, else your diagram won't make a cycle.
 
rock.freak667 said:
I think you mean pump and not throttling valve? But you'd need to have it, else your diagram won't make a cycle.

Ya okay I got it. Thnks for ur input! :)