Cold War spy fiction and space race books and films

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Adyssa
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
I'd like some new material to devour, and I have an interest in this era for some reason, particularly the spy stuff (!) but also the space race, and other associated topics. I don't mind if it's fact or fiction really, it's not an academic pursuit. I'd quite like some books, so I can read them on the train, but I like movies too.

What have I read/seen so far ...

Pretty much all of the Tom Clancy books/movies (the Jack Ryan ones anyway)
More than a few Alistair MacLean books
Dr Strangelove
Thirteen Days
Goodnight And Good Luck (absolutely love this film)
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
The Right Stuff

and next on my watch list is:

The Good Shepherd
The Spy Who Came In From The Cold
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A Dandy in Aspic. The movie, I never read the book.
 
I think it's probably accurate to characterize all the original James Bond novels by Ian Flemming as "Cold War Literature".
 
Fail Safe.

They made a 2000 TV movie staring Harvey Keitel (which I've seen). Prior to this, there was a 1964 big screen movie staring Henry Fonda (which I've not seen).