Common solvent for TiO2 and WO3 precursors in spray pyrolysis

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Solubility
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
jkus
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi
I want to prepare thin films of WO3 by spray pyrolysis (thermal decomposiiotn) onto the glass substrates. After I want to deposit composite TiO2/WO3 thin films by the same technique. I have already prepared TiO2 thin films from methanolic solution. Now to prepare Composite film, it is necessary that the precursors of TiO2 and WO3 should have one common solvent in which they could dissolve completely. So I need one common non-aqueous solvent for WO3 and TiO2.

Any help would be appreciated
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Change your tungsten and titanium source to the ethoxide (tungsten ethoxide and titanium ethoxide) and use the sol gel process. Pyrolysis of the sol-gel coating will give you the result you are looking for.
 
Didn't I see you post this query over on ScienceMadness?