1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer or Electrical Engineering

1. Feb 26, 2013 #1
    Hi everyone I have a tough choice I have to make, I still have time, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm currently in my second semester at a local university. I live near Detroit and my life dream has been working for an automotive company (or at least in the automotive industry). I was wondering, which engineering disciple will give me a better chance to achieve my dream. I was thinking electrical because of the efforts to go to electric power instead of gas, but I would like some input.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2013 #2
    wouldn't mechanical be the natural choice?

4. Feb 26, 2013 #3
    Yes, but I prefer one of these two to mechanical. (Basically, the last on my list)

5. Feb 27, 2013 #4
    both are very good, but i guess electrical would be more fitting although CS is taking over the world. you cant really lose with any of them really. EE is very broad you can work anywhere really. So i would pick that if you want to work with automotives. How about EE and a Masters in Mechatronics?

6. Feb 27, 2013 #5
    I was thinking of something like that, but I would rather get a bachelor's first and re-coop some money before I put more money into school.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook