COMSOL : a problem about self-varying(!) subdomain IDs in Comsol with Matlab (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Hi all;
I'm trying to write a script that automatically generates a geometry and does the analysis in a for-next loop.
It changes specified geometry properties in a for-next step like scaling the geometry.
But I've got a problem about subdomain IDs.
Although the main geometry isn't changed in the script (as i said it isonly scaled, there is no new generated subdomains) , the subdomain idsare changing. Because of this, i cannot specify the initial conditionscorrectly.
I tried to use [g,st] = geomcsg(sl) command to getsubdomain IDs with their associated geometry IDs. So i could update thescript every time when i change the geometry properties. But i'vefailed because i couldn't reach the rows of variable st.
Although typing variable st in Matlab command window gives therelation between geometries and subdomains, i couldnt reach it fromscript. It is seen as 2xm matrix in command window but nxm matrix ofdoubles in workspace so commands like st(1,:) doesnt work.
Is there any suggestions to solve this problem or any idea why does it happen?: )
Thanks in advance..

Problem solved..
subdomain IDs can be read by FIND(x) command from st variable

What's the difference between the geometry ID and the subdomain ID?

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving