Comsol Modeling of Convection in Glass Optical Fiber

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coffinspire15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Comsol Convection
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Coffinspire15
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need to develop a simple model in Comsol, but I have no experience with it. I need to see what the convective currents and velocity fields are at certain temperatures in a glass optical fiber. I have the information about the fiber and its dimensions. The fiber is going to be at around its glass transition state so it be like taffy. It's just cylindrical fiber surrounded by air. Can anyone send some pointers, or a pdf example that is similar, etc? Any help is appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you can go to comsol website. there have many example that i think you can used. i am also start to learning some example from there & it is very good example and easy to follow.