Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

COMSOL Multiphysics : Bending -Dipole- Magnet Design

1. Jul 19, 2012 #1
    Hi friends.

I am so new with Comsol software to design something but I wonder, if it is possible to desing a bending magnet (dipole) and simulate the motions of electrons ? I really would like to do this. Please give me a hand,help me to handle and try to do one together.

Best.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2012 #2
    hi parazit

yes u can do. there is example available in comsol model library. so u look in it.

4. Jul 28, 2012 #3
    hi vipin pawar

would you mind to mention abaout that example ? what is your Comsol's version? I am not able to find it, would you mind to write the name of that example?

I would like to check it.

Thank you,
    Best.

5. Jul 29, 2012 #4
    hi Parazit

my version is 4.2. and if u look into model library u would not have to build whole geometry again. it is in AC/DC module.for dipole go to comsol site u can get a pdf explain in details. but u didnt mention u want this in 3d or 2d.

good luck

6. Jul 30, 2012 #5
    I will check it, thank you. I would like to try it in 2D first since I am new in the program.

Will post again,
    Best

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook