Considering a double major in computer science and physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter toothpaste666
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 641 views
toothpaste666
Messages
517
Reaction score
20
Hello everyone! I've been here since April but never posted an introduction. In fact this is pretty much the first time I've looked at any of the forums here besides homework help.

Anyway, my name is Rob, I am from NY and I am a computer science major going for a BS. While taking physics classes I have also realized I love physics and have been considering the possibility of double majoring for a BS in both comp sci and physics or at least minoring in physics, although I am not sure if either of those options will help my employability or are practical choices in any way. I don't want to switch majors completely because I do love comp sci and I don't want to eternally be in school. Until I figure it out I will just keep taking math and physics courses along with my required courses because they are fun and I want to learn more about them.

I also love reading (favorites include Salinger, Vonnegut, Dostoevsky, Rowling, Camus many more)
music (The Beatles , Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Eminem, Jethro Tull, Mahavishnu Orchestra)
video games (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Diablo 2, Starcraft, TES: Morrowind, Metroid Prime)
anime (FMA: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Psycho pass, Naruto)

This is a great site thanks for all your help thus far :)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Rob to PF!
Please support PF by upgrading your current account.
 
toothpaste666 said:
This is a great site thanks for all your help thus far :)
Hi Rob. I recognize the nym.

Good to have you aboard!