Controlling the Genie Sequence Analyzer w/ the Genie 2K Programming Library

In summary, somebody has written a program that calls the Genie 2000 SequenceAnalyzer object from the Genie 2000 Programming library, but I cannot get it to generate a report.
wrdieter
Has anybody written programs that call the Genie 2000 SequenceAnalyzer object from the Genie 2000 Programming library?

I am trying to do a peak locate, followed by a peak area computation, then write the results to a report file. The Analyze method says the sequence executes without problems (it returns S_OK), and it claims to have executed all 4 steps in the sequence. I specified a full path to the report file and asked Analyze to generate a report, but I cannot find the report file anywhere on my system.

My code is written in MS Visual Studio 2008 C++. The actual call looks like this:

seqAnalyzer->Analyze(dataAccess, &step, bsName, VARIANT_FALSE,
VARIANT_FALSE, VARIANT_FALSE, VARIANT_TRUE, rptName, NULL);

Thanks,
Bill.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I still cannot get Genie2K to produce the report, but I have found out how to get the information out. In case anyone is interested, here is how to get the peak area of all of the peaks (leaving out all error checking for clarity):

Code:
long nPeaks;
float *peakArea;
dataAccess->get_NumberOfRecords(DataAccess::CAM_CLS_PEAK, (DataAccess::ParamCodes)0, &nPeaks));
peakArea = new float[nPeaks];
for (int peak = 1 ; peak <= nPeaks ; ++peak) {
[INDENT]dataAccess->get_Param(DataAccess::CAM_F_PSAREA, peak, 0, &result);
peakArea[peak] = result.fltVal;
[/INDENT]
}

The get_NumberOfRecords method retrieves the number of peaks found in the analysis, then the for loop reads the parameter associated with the area of each peak using get_Param. Other peak properties listed near CAM_F_PSAREA in the manual can be extracted similarly.

I still cannot get the API to generate the report. The analyze batch command and Gamma Acquisition & Analysis programs both generate reports for the same .ASF file. What I really wanted were numbers in the report to use elsewhere in my program. Now that I can get them more directly, I do not care so much...

Yes, I have written programs that call the Genie 2000 SequenceAnalyzer object from the Genie 2000 Programming library. I have also encountered similar issues with generating the report file. One thing you can try is to check the permissions on the folder where you are trying to save the report file. Make sure that the user account running the program has write permission to that folder. You can also try specifying a different file path for the report file and see if that helps. Another thing to check is if the report file is being generated but it's just not appearing in the expected location. You can try using a file search tool to look for the report file on your system. I hope this helps.

What is the Genie 2K Programming Library?

The Genie 2K Programming Library is a software tool used by scientists to control the Genie Sequence Analyzer. It allows users to program and automate the analysis of genetic sequences.

What is the purpose of the Genie Sequence Analyzer?

The Genie Sequence Analyzer is used to analyze and interpret genetic sequences, providing valuable information for research and development in fields such as genetics, bioinformatics, and pharmaceuticals.

How do I control the Genie Sequence Analyzer with the Genie 2K Programming Library?

To control the Genie Sequence Analyzer, you will need to have the Genie 2K Programming Library installed on your computer. You can then use the programming library to write scripts and commands that will control the analyzer and perform desired tasks.

What are the benefits of using the Genie 2K Programming Library?

The Genie 2K Programming Library offers several benefits, including the ability to automate repetitive tasks, improve accuracy and efficiency in data analysis, and customize analyses to fit specific research needs.

Is the Genie 2K Programming Library user-friendly?

While some basic programming knowledge may be required, the Genie 2K Programming Library is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. It also offers comprehensive documentation and support to help users get started and troubleshoot any issues.

Back