Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cost of replacing SciAm by Physics Today in news menu on upper right main page

1. Dec 13, 2007 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Does anybody else miss the choice SciAm news tidbits on upper right?

In there place we now have links to Physics Today articles. However these are mostly restricted access or pay-per-view, so one cannot read most of what is offered unless one is a subscriber.

Perhaps this change to the main page was discussed elsewhere and has reasons I don't know about. Anybody have a link to some conversation about it?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2007 #2
    Marcus I will change up the RSS again, I didn't realize they were pay-per-view. I switched out SciAm because they seem to have tweaked their RSS feed and it's messing with PF's formatting.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  4. Dec 13, 2007 #3

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

I'm sorry to cause trouble (and hope the contact with SciAm does not continue to mess us up!)
    just to make sure, I tested and found 6 of the 8 Physics Today links were subscriber only,
    so if that is typical of them it does not seem like a good deal.

I've been appreciating the newslinks in the upper right and hope you find a workable solution.

5. Dec 13, 2007 #4
    changed to science daily news feed, they seem to be good quality and interesting, thanks!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?