Cost of replacing SciAm by Physics Today in news menu on upper right main page

  • Thread starter Thread starter marcus
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
24,752
Reaction score
795
Does anybody else miss the choice SciAm news tidbits on upper right?

In there place we now have links to Physics Today articles. However these are mostly restricted access or pay-per-view, so one cannot read most of what is offered unless one is a subscriber.

Perhaps this change to the main page was discussed elsewhere and has reasons I don't know about. Anybody have a link to some conversation about it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Marcus I will change up the RSS again, I didn't realize they were pay-per-view. I switched out SciAm because they seem to have tweaked their RSS feed and it's messing with PF's formatting.
 
Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Marcus I will change us the RSS again, I didn't realize they were pay-per-view. I switched out SciAm because they seem to have tweaked their RSS feed and it's messing with PF's formatting.

I'm sorry to cause trouble (and hope the contact with SciAm does not continue to mess us up!)
just to make sure, I tested and found 6 of the 8 Physics Today links were subscriber only,
so if that is typical of them it does not seem like a good deal.

I've been appreciating the newslinks in the upper right and hope you find a workable solution.