What criteria do mentors and admins use for following members?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gracy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
gracy
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
83
How you mentors ,science advisors and admin decide who is capable of being followed by you.Because I have seen many mentors and science advisors following newcomers .I was just viewing D H profile than saw he was following BOB ENYART who has only sent 8 messages and with no likes (even D H )has not liked him but follows him.And I was also surprised to see admin following some very inconsistent members(Although he is not following anyone currently ).And there are many more examples.So,basically I wanted to know what are your criteria for following someone.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why does it matter? More generally, if A chooses to follow B, what difference does that make to C?
 
gracy said:
So,basically I wanted to know what are your criteria for following someone.
When you follow a member their posts are in your news feed and are highlighted in the online list. There can be infinite reasons. In the case of Bob Enyart, he is a fairly known science skeptic with a radio show.
 
gracy said:
And I was also surprised to see admin following some very inconsistent members

That's quite obvious - we have to keep track of those we see as potential troublemakers.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Borek said:
That's quite obvious - we have to keep track of those we see as potential troublemakers.
Sometimes we just like the guy. I your case, i.e. knowing for "how many years?", likes don't need to be high priority. It wasn't too long I wonder if you were in my list and your weren't, but now are. I'm having a hard time understand what I wrote; hope can get meaning.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borek
gracy said:
with no likes (even D H )has not liked him
That's what Facebook does to a person.