Cuba Pays Tribute to Hurricane Katrina Victims

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hurricane
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
46 replies · 5K views
Townsend said:
Well what the heck is the purpose of having wings if you don't need them?
I don't know, what's the purpose of a halo?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
I don't know, what's the purpose of a halo?

A halo has some kind of symbolic meaning. I don't think the wings on angels were meant to be symbolic but more or less to full fill a functional need.
 
Pengwuino said:
Whats the purpose of glowing white

I think it's symbolic of divine power...
 
So glowing white can be symbolic, floating rings can be symbolic... Why arn't wings symbolic too?
 
Smurf said:
Why arn't wings symbolic too?

Because that is just stupid...duh!
 
Townsend said:
Because that is just stupid...duh!
You're symbolic.
 
Smurf said:
You're symbolic.

Don't talk about him like that.
 
Smurf said:
You're symbolic.

Oh, hey...missed you there kettle...
 
Townsend said:
Oh, hey...missed you there kettle...
I'm symbolic too? :!) What am I symbolic of? :rolleyes:
 
Smurf said:
I'm symbolic too? :!) What am I symbolic of? :rolleyes:

Lets just say that ignorance is bliss... :wink:
 
Archon said:
But if you're God...what am I thinking about right now?
You're thinking this thread belongs in GD, so why am I wasting time posting in it? At least anyway that's what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:
 
SOS2008 said:
You're thinking this thread belongs in GD, so why am I wasting time posting in it? At least anyway that's what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

You think this all a big joke!





































































:smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Yeah! This isn't a joke! Me and Pengwuino finally have worshippers. Time to start up our church and ascend to godhood!
 
Smurf said:
Yeah! This isn't a joke! Me and Pengwuino finally have worshippers. Time to start up our church and ascend to godhood!
So which one of you gets to be the "good" god? You should start campaigning now, before it's too late. Incidentally, I'm the best divine campaign manager there is. Remember Jesus? Well...

And you need to create some divine rules for your mindless worshippers to follow.
 
Archon said:
So which one of you gets to be the "good" god? You should start campaigning now, before it's too late. Incidentally, I'm the best divine campaign manager there is. Remember Jesus? Well...
You're hired... wait, who did Muhammad, and Buddha, and all those other religious leaders. Tell you what, you're hired and I'll build you a team as soon as I find them. There seems to be such a shortage of divine campaigners recently, maybe I could mix some scientific ones in.
And you need to create some divine rules for your mindless worshippers to follow.
Hmm, what do you recommend? I mean the 10 commandments worked for Jesus, but that's a bit out of fashion now, especially "Be good to your parents" or wahtever it is.