Curvature Behavior of a Parametric Curve in R3

  • Thread starter Thread starter aesailor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curve Parametric
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
aesailor
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find a parametric curve in R3 that has zero curvature at the origin and infinite curvature as the parameter t goes to infinity.
2. The attempt at a solution

I was thinking it would look like a spiraled cone with the radius getting infinitely bigger, but I didn't know what the parametric curve would be
 
Physics news on Phys.org
haello aesailor! :wink:
aesailor said:
I was thinking it would look like a spiraled cone with the radius getting infinitely bigger, but I didn't know what the parametric curve would be

wouldn't it be easier with the radius getting smaller? :smile: