Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dark matter/Energy not needed alternative

Tags:
  1. Dec 7, 2012 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2012 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I don't think this will lead to anything interesting.

If the observer moves quickly relative to the frame where the universe is uniform, this is the CMB frame. We do not move quickly relative to the CMB (just with ~400km/s).

In addition, an arbitrary rescaling of the time-coordinate sounds weird to begin with.

I don't think the proposed alternative to dark matter (increasing velocity with time) works on the scale of single galaxies - they are stable over billions of years or multiple rotations, if stars would gain additional velocity galaxies would have disintegrated long ago.

4. Dec 7, 2012 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where is the metric from which all this physical stuff should be derived? Without a metric, I can't read the paper with any understanding. Also, this paper has not yet been refereed.

5. Dec 7, 2012 #4

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I too reviewed this paper a couple days ago. It looked interesting at first, but, lacked substance, IMO.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook